Re: Slow PITR restore

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Slow PITR restore
Дата
Re: Slow PITR restore  (Jeff Trout <threshar@torgo.978.org>)
Список pgsql-general
"Jeff Trout" <threshar@torgo.978.org> writes:

> On Dec 12, 2007, at 11:29 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> 8 seconds for a single archive recovery is very slow in  consideration of
>> this machine. Even single threaded that seems slow.
>
> I've seen this on my PITR restores (thankfully, they were for  fetching some
> old data, not because we expoded).  On a 2.4ghz opteron  it took 5-50 seconds
> per wal segment,

I'm not sure what you guys' expectations are, but if you're restoring 5
minutes worth of database traffic in 8 seconds I wouldn't be complaining.

Depending on your transaction mix and what percentage of it is read-only
select queries you might reasonably expect the restore to take as long as it
took to generate them...

--
  Gregory Stark