Re: [HACKERS] Re: Release schedule

От Michael Alan Dorman
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Release schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> > All I am asking is that we wait until things get quiet with 6.5 before
> > splitting.  Those first weeks are all double-patching.
> I agree with Bruce on this --- double-patching is a pain, and we could
> probably save ourselves some work if we waited a couple weeks before
> splitting the tree.  I know I'm not planning on doing anything but
> bug-fixes for a while...

I suspect I'm probably bringing up something that the core development
team considered but had a good reason not to do, but on the offhand
chance it would be helpful, I'll nonetheless venture to point out that
if you created a branch for each release, patches applied to that
branch could be easily merged into the mainline---at least until the
sources begin to diverge, which probably wouldn't happen for the first
couple of weeks (the time period under discussion)---which would
obviate double-patching.

I'll mention that it seems to work pretty well for the egcs
development team---but again, if this has all been discussed before
and decided against, please forget I said anything.

Mike.

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Release schedule
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Beta3 Available ...