Re: Python 2.5 vs the buildfarm

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Python 2.5 vs the buildfarm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

>> Am Tuesday, 29. July 2008 schrieb Greg Sabino Mullane:
>>> What's not stable about having Python 2.5?
>
>> I mean "stable" to mean "does not change (unnecessarily)".
>
> I really don't understand Peter's objection here.  This thread has
> already consumed more person-time than I spent on applying the
> back-patch.

Well I certainly wouldn't expect us to feel obligated to spend much effort
making 8.1 work with a new Redhat release, for example. We would just say 8.1
is only supported on those systems it was supported on when it was released.

But if you're happy doing the work I can't see any reason to stop you either.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: patch: Add a separate TRUNCATE permission
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?