Re: Unexpected casts while using date_trunc()

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Unexpected casts while using date_trunc()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 Tom> Yeah.  There are two relevant variants of date_trunc():
 [...]
 Tom> So we probably ought to change the docs here.

There's also the option of adding an explicit function
date_trunc(text,date) returns date, which is a workaround that I (and
probably quite a few other people) have used. I think having such a
function added to core would be less surprising than the current
behavior.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Unexpected casts while using date_trunc()
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: contrib/sepgsql fails on Fedora 28