Re: Materialized views proposal

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Materialized views proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonathan Gardner <jgardner@jonathangardner.net> writes:
> 3) We would implement some sort of differential view update scheme
>    based on the paper "Efficiently Updating Materialized Views"[1].

One resource on this topic that appears to be quite authoritative is
"Materialized Views: Techniques, Implementations, and Applications" by
A. Gupta and I. Mumick (MIT Press, 1999). That might present the
material in a manner that is easier to grok than the original papers
themselves.

I didn't realize that it was possible to spend 600 pages only
discussing materialized views, but it apparently it is :-)

-Neil

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Updated code to test gettimeofday() ...
От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Re: *sigh*