Re: SQL99 ARRAY support proposal

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: SQL99 ARRAY support proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:

> I'm leaning toward implode() and explode() now anyway because split() uses a
> regex for the delimiter in PHP (and probably Perl), and I was not planning to
> get that fancy.

PHP isn't exactly an exemplar for great language design.

explode/implode are terribly non-self-descriptive names. Someone seeing them
for the first time wouldn't really have any clue what they did and would have
zero chance of guessing their names to find them in an index.

I would suggest join_str() and split_str() if "join" is too sensitive a word
for an sql language.

--
greg

От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign