Re: DB Designer??

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: DB Designer??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir@gmail.com> writes:

> You can try one of these:
> 1. DBVisualiser
>   http://minq.se
> 2. PostgreSQL Autocad
>   http://www.rbt.ca/autodoc/index.html
> 3. Druid
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/druid
> 4. SQLManager
>   http://sqlmanager.net/en/products/postgresql
> 5. Aqua Data Studio
>   http://www.aquafold.com/index-postgresql.html
> 6. Data Architect
>   http://www.thekompany.com/products/dataarchitect
> 7. Some more are available at the link below:
>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.54
> For Documentation generator tool, please follow the following link:
> http://directory.fsf.org/text/doc/

What I'd like to see is something like what ER Win does allowing me to show /
hide tables based on a category (but better than theirs since they have a big
flaw where you can have tables with the same name in different "views" without
using different "schemas").

For example, I might create a "view" (ER Win's, not SQL view ;-)) named
"Customers" and there I'd have all my tables that deals with clients.  Then I
might have another "view" named "Suppliers" and do the same.  Tables might be
visible in several categories so that besides those two I could also see some
of these tables within the "Finances" "view".

This is very important when you have lots of tables (people here with projects
using 5K tables know what I mean :-))

It shouldn't be -- graphically -- all that hard to implement this
separation...  So I believe it might be something they hold a patent for
because I've never seen another tool with this feature.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

От: Péter Kovács
Сообщение: Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD
От: Jorge Godoy
Сообщение: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public?