Re: psql \copy hanging

От Arnaud L.
Тема Re: psql \copy hanging
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 22/08/2019 à 16:00, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> The first thing I think of when seeing this sort of behavior on Windows
> is anti-virus software. Doing you have any running on the machine?
>
> You say it always hangs on the same line. Is that line doing something
> different from the others? Say writing to a different location.

Thanks for your insights Adrian.

There is no AV software on the machine as it is a Server version of
Windows. (I know some people run AV on Windows Server, but I don't)

All the lines write to the same location which is a network share, but
the hanging one is clearly the longest query to execute and the output
file is one of the biggest one (though not the biggest).

Note that the share points to a local folder. The fact the psql writes
to a share is only for robustness so that this script could be executed
from any machine.

Cheers

--
Arnaud