Re: SQL-question: returning the id of an insert querry

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: SQL-question: returning the id of an insert querry
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Chapman <scott_list@mischko.com> writes:

> What's the process to suggest changes to PG along these lines?  Say, a
> proposal to make it configurable for a user to have a INSERT return the
> primary key that it just inserted rather than what it returns now?

What if you have a multicolumn PK?

I'm not actually sure PG keeps track of "primary keyness" -- I think
it translates a PRIMARY KEY constraint into NOT NULL UNIQUE when the
table is created.  So it might be really hard to implement your
feature, even if you can figure out what should happen for multicolumn
PKs.

-Doug

От: Doug McNaught
Сообщение: Re: pl/perl function life and variable scope - concurrency problem?
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: SQL-question: returning the id of an insert querry