Re: COLLATE

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: COLLATE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Filip Rembiaâkowski" <plk.zuber@gmail.com> writes:

> let's assume that we keep Unicode text  data in the column.
> sometimes we want to sort it according to specific collation order.
> how can we force collation when running a query?
> ideal solution would be having SQL92 standard COLLATE clauses in
> SELECT statements. I heard it's work in progress, what's the status?
>
> are there any "partial" solutions to the problem?

I don't know the status of the full COLLATE support.

But the closest partial solution suggested so far is the pg_xfrm function that
has been implemented and posted at least three times by three different
posters to the postgres mailing lists. In the interest of avoiding a fourth
independent implementation I'll attach the one I use below, it's not big.

--
greg

Вложения

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: COLLATE
От: Tony Caduto
Сообщение: Is it a big deal to change the user the DB runs under?