Re: Ryu floating point output patch

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 Tom> (Still, you might want to try to automate and document the coding
 Tom> format conversion steps, along the line of what I've done recently
 Tom> for our copy of tzcode.)

Working around our declaration-after-statement prohibition required
manually moving some lines of code, manually separating some
declarations from their assignments (removing const qualifiers), and as
a last resort introducing new code blocks. I doubt it could be automated
in any sane way. (This might be an argument to relax that rule.)

Mechanical search-and-replace accounted for the _t suffix on types, the
addition of the UINT64CONSTs, and changing assert to Assert; that much
could be automated.

pgindent did a pretty horrible job on the comments, a script could
probably do better.

I guess removal of the unwanted #ifs could be automated without too much
difficulty.

(But I'm not likely going to do any of this in the forseeable future,
because I don't expect it to be useful.)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Ryu floating point output patch
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: 'infinity'::Interval should be added