Re: Solaris 8 regression test failure with 8.0.0beta5

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Solaris 8 regression test failure with 8.0.0beta5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> This query would invoke the following code in int4div:
>
>     if (arg2 == 0)
>         ereport(ERROR,
>                 (errcode(ERRCODE_DIVISION_BY_ZERO),
>                  errmsg("division by zero")));
>
>     result = arg1 / arg2;
>
> I suggest directing some strong words to your compiler vendor.  If the
> "if" test doesn't complete before the subsequent division causes a trap,
> that is not our problem.

I have a vague memory that IEEE floats have zero coming in two flavours, 0 and
-0. I wonder if it's possible merely comparing against 0 isn't covering all
the possible cases that can trigger a division by zero trap.

--
greg

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Intermittent bug
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Explain output: wrong row count?