Re: PostgreSQL - Ordering Table based of Foreign Key

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PostgreSQL - Ordering Table based of Foreign Key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/3/21 9:24 AM, FOUTE K. Jaurès wrote:

Please don't top post, inline/bottom posting is the preferred style on
this list.

> I need to delete data from about 100 table in the production system for
> a specific client without stopping application.

Honestly that is not that much more informative.

So:

1) Do the FK's have "ON DELETE CASCADE" already?

2) Does a single FK cascade through all 100 tables or are there groups
of parent/child tables and associated FK's

3) Show an example DELETE query and tables affected.

> On Sun, 3 Oct 2021, 17:19 Adrian Klaver, <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 10/3/21 7:40 AM, FOUTE K. Jaurès wrote:
>      > Thanks for your input but I want to make a delete with where clause
>
>     Then Thomas Kellerer's suggestion of having "ON DELETE CASCADE" on the
>     FK would seem to be what you need. If not then you will need to provide
>     more information about what you are trying to achieve?
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Joao Miguel Ferreira
Сообщение: pg_dump save command in output
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump save command in output