Re: Incremental backup

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: Incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/29/21 08:49, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> I don't think that's equivalent. An Oracle instance is a runtime concept
> (the collection of server processes on a single machine serving a single
> database (the collection of files on the disk)) whereas a PostgreSQL cluster is
> both a data and a runtime concept (config + data files for several
> databases with some shared data + the processes serving them). Also
> instance:database is n:1 while cluster to database is 1:n. Very
> different.
Peter, Oracle instance manages collection of the databases and is
ensuring recoverabilty using redo logs, which are completely analogous
to WAL logs, if managed a bit differently. Let's not be nitpicking here.
Oracle instance is completely analogous to Postgres cluster. If you ask
me, the word cluster was picked to avoid the word "instance"

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

От: "Peter J. Holzer"
Сообщение: Re: Incremental backup
От: negora
Сообщение: Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema