Re: Redundant Unique plan node for table with a unique index

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Redundant Unique plan node for table with a unique index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 13 Sep 2023, at 15:22, Damir Belyalov <dam.bel07@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a table with a unique index on it and we have a query that searching DISTINCT values on this table on
columnsof unique index.

> We can see that Unique node is redundant for this case. So I implemented a simple patch that removes Unique node from
theplan.

Is this query pattern common enough to warrant spending time on in the planner
(are there perhaps ORMs that generate such)?  Have you measured the overhead of
this?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Damir Belyalov
Сообщение: Redundant Unique plan node for table with a unique index
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: [ psql - review request ] review request for \d+ tablename, \d+ indexname indenting