Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Alvaro,

01.05.2024 20:49, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Here are two patches that I intend to push soon (hopefully tomorrow).

Thank you for fixing those issues!

Could you also clarify, please, how CREATE TABLE ... LIKE is expected to
work with NOT NULL constraints?

I wonder whether EXCLUDING CONSTRAINTS (ALL) should cover not-null
constraints too. What I'm seeing now, is that:
CREATE TABLE t1 (i int, CONSTRAINT nn NOT NULL i);
CREATE TABLE t2 (LIKE t1 EXCLUDING ALL);
\d+ t2
-- ends with:
Not-null constraints:
     "nn" NOT NULL "i"

Or a similar case with PRIMARY KEY:
CREATE TABLE t1 (i int PRIMARY KEY);
CREATE TABLE t2 (LIKE t1 EXCLUDING CONSTRAINTS EXCLUDING INDEXES);
\d+ t2
-- leaves:
Not-null constraints:
     "t2_i_not_null" NOT NULL "i"

Best regards,
Alexander

От: Maxim Orlov
Сообщение: Re: Build with meson + clang + sanitizer resulted in undefined reference
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Limit index pages visited in planner's get_actual_variable_range