Re: info about patch: using parametrised query in psql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: info about patch: using parametrised query in psql
Дата
Re: info about patch: using parametrised query in psql  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> If we do want to go
> with a single flag character, maybe it should just be a single or
> double quote:

> :'foo - quote as a literal
> :"foo - quote as an ident

I would've proposed that myself if I thought it would work, but I'm
afraid that it will wreak complete chaos from a parsing standpoint.
Half the tools in the world will think this is an incomplete literal,
and I'm not even very sure you could keep psql itself from getting
confused.

Hmm ... actually, though, what about combining the ideas:
:'foo' - quote as a literal:"foo" - quote as an ident

This leaves us with nothing much as far as extensibility, but from
a mnemonic standpoint it's a large win.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: info about patch: using parametrised query in psql
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: ORDER BY clause in aggregate doesn't work well with multi argument aggregates