Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-05-17 Fr 02:34, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 17.05.24 08:09, Yasir wrote:
>> I have been playing with PG on the Windows platform recently. An
>> annoying thing I faced is that a lot of Visual Studio's temp files
>> kept appearing in git changed files. Therefore, I am submitting this
>> very trivial patch to ignore these temp files.
>
> Our general recommendation is that you put such things into your
> personal global git ignore file.
>
> For example, I have in ~/.gitconfig
>
> [core]
>         excludesFile = ~/.gitexcludes
>
> and then in ~/.gitexcludes I have various ignores that are specific to
> my local tooling.
>
> That way we don't have to maintain ignore lists for all the tools in
> the world in the PostgreSQL source tree.

or if you want something repo-specific, you can add entries to
.git/info/exclude

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Martijn Wallet
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18348: Inconsistency with EXTRACT([field] from INTERVAL);
От: Josef Šimánek
Сообщение: Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows