Re: 9.2 and index only scans

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.2 and index only scans
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> writes:
> I'm playing around with 9.2 beta4 and was looking into the new Index Only Scan feature.
> I was a bit surprised that a "count(*)" query does not use an index.

Works for me.  However, the cost estimate for that is heavily dependent
on how much of the table is known all-visible.  If the table is getting
a lot of churn, or even just hasn't been vacuumed since it quiesced,
the planner will prefer a seqscan for this --- and it will be right.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: postmaster.pid file auto-clean up?
От: Matvey Teplov
Сообщение: Re: Question about granting permissions