Re: postgres_fdw: commit remote (sub)transactions in parallel during pre-commit

От David Zhang
Тема Re: postgres_fdw: commit remote (sub)transactions in parallel during pre-commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks a lot for the patch update.

On 2022-05-02 1:25 a.m., Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 4:55 AM David Zhang <david.zhang@highgo.ca> wrote:
>> I tried to apply the patch to master and plan to run some tests, but got
>> below errors due to other commits.
> I rebased the patch against HEAD.  Attached is an updated patch.

Applied the patch v8 to master branch today, and the `make check` is OK.
I also repeated previous performance tests on three virtual Ubuntu
18.04, and the performance improvement of parallel abort in 10 times
average is more consistent.

before:

     abort.1 = 2.6344 ms
     abort.2 = 4.2799 ms

after:

     abort.1 = 1.4105 ms
     abort.2 = 2.2075 ms

>> +     * remote server in parallel at (sub)transaction end.
>>
>> Here, I think the comment above could potentially apply to multiple
>> remote server(s).
> I agree on that point, but I think it's correct to say "the remote
> server" here, because we determine this for the given remote server.
> Maybe I'm missing something, so could you elaborate on it?
Your understanding is correct. I was thinking `remote server(s)` would
be easy for end user to understand but this is a comment in source code,
so either way is fine for me.

--
Best regards,
David

Software Engineer
Highgo Software Inc. (Canada)
www.highgo.ca

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: SQL/JSON: FOR ORDINALITY bug
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: SQL/JSON: FOR ORDINALITY bug