how can I exclude stuff from template in my dumps?

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема how can I exclude stuff from template in my dumps?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hello,

on restoring dumps I get errors about languages and functions not
getting restored:

pg_restore: [Archivierer (DB)] Fehler in Inhaltsverzeichniseintrag 135; 1255 164
39 FUNCTION pldbg_step_over(integer) postgres
pg_restore: [Archivierer (DB)] could not execute query: FEHLER:  Funktion »pldb
g_step_over« existiert bereits mit den selben Argumenttypen
    Command was: CREATE FUNCTION pldbg_step_over(session integer) RETURNS breakp
oint
    AS '$libdir/pldbgapi', 'pldbg_step_over'
    LANGUAG...

of course ... pldbpg_step_over is allready present, as it is installed
by the setup of the template database and thatfore it is on every
database.

Same with procedural language pl/pgsql and pg_buffercache etc...

Result: pg_restore ignores 29 errors, which is harmless, as those
functions are allready present.

BUT: it would be nicer, to not have these errors, as they can
overshaddow REAL error messages within the output.

Is there a clever way to exclude them from dumps or restores?

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

От: Stephane Bortzmeyer
Сообщение: Re: Urgent - Grant
От: tv@fuzzy.cz
Сообщение: Re: Slow queries when ORDER BY ... DESC with table inheritance (no index scan backwards)