Re: WIP: CoC

От James Keener
Тема Re: WIP: CoC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is one
that focuses on the technical merit of ideas and solutions rather than
on the person behind them.

I still prefer this wording as there is no need for us to list the ways in which someone can personally be attacked. Should the list include relative's weight, religion, aliveness, past follies, jobs &c.

The quote above is sufficiently powerful to allow members of this group to reprimand anyone for stepping out of bounds without having to shoehorn their objection into a very narrow list.

Lists of specific points like this are almost always the wrong way to do something general. Title VI (and policies based on it) includes a list for very specific reasons and we're seeing the issues that brings as that list isn't always inclusive enough.

Jim

On January 11, 2016 5:48:38 PM EST, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 01/11/2016 02:41 PM, Brian Dunavant wrote:
"3) A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is
free of negative personal criticism directed at a member of a
community, rather than at the technical merit of a topic."

A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
of non-technical or personal comments related to gender, sexual orientation,
disability, physical appearance, body size or race.

Between these two I still prefer my wording here because it
encompasses all personal attacks regardless of topic or type and
avoids hot-button words that distract from the point and can be used
for lawyering. It also emphasizes the desired behavior instead, that
criticism should be about the technical merit of the topic. "Don't be
a jerk, and stick to the code." Maybe even rewording it to be a
positive instead of a negative would improve it further.

"A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is one
that focuses on the technical merit of ideas and solutions rather than
on the person behind them."

How about we meet in the middle:

A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
of non-technical or personal comments related to gender, sexual
orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or
personal attacks.

От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: Re: WIP: CoC
От: Vitaly Burovoy
Сообщение: Re: Slow Query - PostgreSQL 9.2