Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10

От Surya Widyanto
Тема Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10
Дата
Re: Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I have PostgreSQL v12.3 (x64) installed on my Laptop running Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-bit).
In two or three times since I fresh install the PostgreSQL and windows on 17-05-2020, 06:04:56 (GMT).
By two or three times I mean, if this slow connection problem happen, than it wil occur in a view days in a row. Then it will return to normal with fast login/connection process.

I've try to restart the laptop, restart the service but nothing give the sign to improve the slow login/connection process.

I've also try to turn off the log_hostname config in postgresql.conf and try to turn off the Windows Firewall, Windows Defender Real-Time Scanner but nothing works to improve the slow login connection.

I've also try to check the Postgres Log file but not much error shows in the log except for this error that appears a few time:
2020-07-22 14:43:22.312 +00 [13740] LOG:  could not receive data from client: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

This problem happens with all of the application such as psql, pgAdmin, Navicat, all with the same symptoms of slow login/connection to my PostgreSQL v12.3 (x64) service and if connected, then it will be easy to disconnected.

If needed my laptop specs are:

  • Intel Core i7-9750H
  • 16GB of RAM
  • Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB

Is database size can affect this connection time required to start a database session?
FYI one of my database has size of 209GB, but currently I'm not using or connect to that database.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Surya

От: Michał Lis
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pg_service.conf
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Transaction control in SECURITY DEFINER procedures