Re: Installation of regress.so?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Installation of regress.so?
Дата
Re: Installation of regress.so?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/19/21 10:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> Could it be possible to install regress.so at least in the same
>> location as pg_regress?
> I don't think this is a great idea.  Aside from the fact that
> we'd be littering the install tree with a .so of no use to end
> users, I'm failing to see how it really gets you anywhere unless
> you want to further require regress.so from back versions to be
> loadable into the current server.

We certainly shouldn't want that.  But we do need it for the target
unless we wipe out everything in the source that refers to it. However,
a given installation can be a source in one test and a target in another
- currently we test upgrade to every live version from every known
version less than or equal to that version (currently crake knows about
versions down to 9.2, but it could easily be taught more).

I do agree that we should not install regress.so by default.

cheers

andrew

--

Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pg_rewind fails if there is a read only file.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Installation of regress.so?