Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++

От Ogden
Тема Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++
Дата
Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++  (Gary Doades <gpd@gpdnet.co.uk>)
Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
I am using bonnie++ to benchmark our current Postgres system (on RAID 5) with the new one we have, which I have configured with RAID 10. The drives are the same (SAS 15K). I tried the new system with ext3 and then XFS but the results seem really outrageous as compared to the current system, or am I reading things wrong?

The benchmark results are here:

Thank you

Ogden

От: Anish Kejariwal
Сообщение: Calculating statistic via function rather than with query is slowing my query
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Calculating statistic via function rather than with query is slowing my query