Re: config files in /data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: config files in /data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes, seems user-editable files should go in pgsql/etc or pgsql/config.

What?  That'd mean you couldn't have different files for different
installations, which'd be a severe handicap (at least for developers
who are pretty likely to have multiple installations on one machine).
Putting the active copies under the data/ directory is good.

Or did you really mean a new subdirectory like data/config/ ?
I could live with that for new or reformatted config files.  As long as
pg_hba.conf (for example) doesn't change meaning/layout I'd rather leave
it where it is.