Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch

От Leonardo Francalanci
Тема Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch
Дата
Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> With regards to the naming, I think it would be better if we  kept
> XLOG_XACT_COMMIT record exactly as it is now, and make the  second
> record an entirely new record called XLOG_XACT_COMMIT_FASTPATH.  That
> way we retain backwards compatibility.
>
> If you'd like to rework  like that please, otherwise I can take it from
> here if you'd  like.

I think I did it; while doing it, I think I've found a bug: I didn't update
"recoveryStopsHere". Please double check that, as I really don't
know what I'm doing there...
Should I also change the struct name from xl_xact_commit to
xl_xact_commit_fast_path?

> > How can I test it with "weird" stuff as subtransactions,  shared
> > cache invalidation messages...?
>
> make installcheck should  cover those.

Ok, all tests passed.
Вложения

От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Patch - Debug builds without optimization
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch