Re: Floating point exception in initdb

От Vikram Patil
Тема Re: Floating point exception in initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom,

   Thanks for guidelines. I checked glibc versions. I am currently using
glibc libarary 2.3.3  on SUSE platform while build machine I used has
glibc library 2.5 . I will try to install it on SUSE machine with glibc
library 2.5.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:29 PM
To: Vikram Patil
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Floating point exception in initdb

"Vikram Patil" <vpatil@actuate.com> writes:
> Thanks for reply Tom. I am having source code form 8.4.1 version which
> is released on 09-09-2009.

> I was able to install it on Redhat machine without any issues.  But I
am
> facing this issue while running initdb on Suse Ent. 9 machine.( Linux
> 2.6.5-7.97-smp #1 SMP Fri Jul 2 14:21:59 UTC 2004 i686 i686 i386
> GNU/Linux )

> Source code was compiled in following environment:
> Gcc : version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)
> Kernel Version: 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP

[ squint... ]  This isn't totally clear, but are you saying you compiled
on some semi-recent Red Hat platform and are trying to run the resulting
executables on an old SUSE platform?  I wouldn't really expect that to
work.  glibc's API changes from time to time.  Would be better to
compile on the same release you're planning to run on.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Floating point exception in initdb
От: Jun Wang
Сообщение: set statement_timeout does not work