Re: Memory-Bounded Hash Aggregation

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Memory-Bounded Hash Aggregation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2020-02-24 at 15:29 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2020-02-22 11:02:16 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > On Sat, 2020-02-22 at 10:00 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > > Both patches, or just 0013? Seems the earlier one might make the
> > > addition of the opcodes you add less verbose?
> >
> > Just 0013, thank you. 0008 looks like it will simplify things.
>
> Pushed 0008.

Rebased on your change. This simplified the JIT and interpretation code
quite a bit.

Also:
* caching the compiled expressions so I can switch between the variants
cheaply
* added "Planned Partitions" to explain output
* included tape buffers in the "Memory Used" output
* Simplified the way I try to track memory usage and trigger spilling.
* Reset hash tables always rather than rebuilding them from scratch.

I will do another round of performance tests and see if anything
changed from last time.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения