Re: backup -restore question

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: backup -restore question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/13/20 2:56 PM, Ron wrote:
> On 7/13/20 2:32 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 7/13/20 12:12 PM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
>>> Hello there,
>>> One of our PostgreSQL 9.4.1  databases has been backed up as *.gz
>>> file with the compression 9 "pg_dump -Z 9". What is the right format
>>> of restore this file when needed? Can I run the restore from a
>>> compressed file or I need to unzip the file first, then run
>>> pg_restore? Thanks
>>
>> It depends on whether you dumped using the custom format -Fc or
>> plain(no -F or -Fp). If the custom format then you run pg_restore
>> against it. If the plain format then you will to unzip first then feed
>> the file to psql.
>
> What about this?
> gunzip -c | foo.sql.gz | psql

gunzip -c | test_plain.gz | psql -d test_gz -U postgres
bash: test_plain.gz: command not found
gzip: compressed data not read from a terminal. Use -f to force
decompression.
For help, type: gzip -h
Null display is "NULL".

I think what you want is:

gunzip -c test_plain.gz | psql -d test_gz -U postgres

Null display is "NULL".
SET
SET
SET
SET
SET
  set_config
------------

(1 row)

SET
SET
SET
SET
CREATE SCHEMA

In any case that will only work if the *.gz file is a compressed plain
text format. My suspicion is it is, still I had to allow the possibility
that it is a custom format file that someone hung a gz extension on.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Both side privileges
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: PostgresQL 12 - could not connect to server: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode