Re: No serial type

От Simon Connah
Тема Re: No serial type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18 Nov 2008, at 17:40, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> On 18/11/2008 17:37, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
>> create table a (i int primary key, info text);
>> create sequence a_i_seq;
>> alter table a alter column i set default nextval('a_i_seq');
>
> You'll also need to grant SELECT and UPDATE permissions on the
> sequence
> to the user that'll be INSERTing into the table.....this catches me
> regularly. :-)
>
> Ray.

Thanks guys. Looks like I misunderstood the manual. This is the first
time I've worked with
SQL and "proper" databases so still feeling a bit lost.

Simon.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right
to say it." - Voltaire

От: "Richard Broersma"
Сообщение: Re: MS Access and PostgreSQL - a warning to people thinking about it
От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Conversion of string to int using digits at beginning