Re: Problem in Pg 8.1.4 with CREATEDB

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Problem in Pg 8.1.4 with CREATEDB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > I don't think anyone ever imagined that the bug actually allowed
> > people to use utilities in a way that was useful to them, but
> > unintended by everyone else. Had we done, we would
> certainly have made
> > the warnings more obvious and considered workarounds.
>
> Actually, we thought that this had all been resolved years
> ago when we made the Unix versions work like that; fixing the
> Windows code to behave like the Unix versions seemed minor.

Yeah...

> What I find surprising is that it seems a substantial
> community of apps is already in existence that have never
> been run with anything but Windows Postgres.

Doesn't surprise me one bit, really.

Also, remember that we're talking win32 *client*, which has been around
a long time. psql, for example, has built on win32 since 6.something
IIRC. So you could very well have client apps and such that used that
behaviour running against a Unix PostgreSQL.

//Magnus

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problem in Pg 8.1.4 with CREATEDB
От: Sean Davis
Сообщение: Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?