Re: Curosity question regarding "LOCK" NOWAIT

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Curosity question regarding "LOCK" NOWAIT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 22, 2012, at 0:08, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 09/21/12 7:43 PM, David Johnston wrote:
>> Has there been any discussion regarding adding a time-limited version of NOWAIT, say: “WAITONLY 50” (milliseconds),
whendealing the explicit LOCK TABLE or the SELECT…FOR(SHARE|UPDATE) commands?

> is this a feature in any other major databases?

Doesn't matter to me...I'm only using PostgreSQL

> is this in the sql spec?

Guessing no if it is not implemented...

> what do you expect to happen if these timeouts expire? return an error, and abort the transaction?

The same thing that happens if "NOWAIT" had been specified instead.

The goal is to specify that I don't mind waiting but only for a short period of time.

David J.

От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Question about upgrading extensions
От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: Curosity question regarding "LOCK" NOWAIT