RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql

От Tang, Haiying
Тема RE: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Sun, 07 Feb 2021 13:55:00 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in

> This looks like you're trying to force case-insensitive behavior
> whether that is appropriate or not.  Does not sound like a good idea.

Thanks for your reply.
I raise this issue because I thought all SQL command should be case-insensitive.
And the set/reset/show commands work well no matter the input configuration parameter is in upper or in lower case.
My modification is not good enough, but I really think it's more convenient if we can support the tab-completion for
uppercharacter inputs.

=# set APPLICATION_NAME to test;
SET

=# show APPLICATION_name;
 application_name
 test
(1 row)

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Is Recovery actually paused?
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: [POC] verifying UTF-8 using SIMD instructions