Re: XversionUpgrade tests broken by postfix operator removal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: XversionUpgrade tests broken by postfix operator removal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Here's how cross version upgrade testing works. It uses a cached version of the binaries and data directory. The
cacheis only refreshed if there's a buildfarm run on that branch. If not, the cached version will just sit there till
kingdomcome. So all this should normally need for the non-live branches is a one-off adjustment in the cached version
ofthe regression database along the lines I have indicated. My cached versions of 9.2 and 9.3 are two years old.

Hmm, okay, so patching this on gitmaster wouldn't help anyway.

> But another alternative would be to have the buildfarm module run (on
> versions older than 9.5):

>     drop operator @#@ (NONE, bigint);
>     CREATE OPERATOR @#@ (
>         PROCEDURE = factorial,
>         RIGHTARG = bigint
>     );

> On reflection I think that's probably the simplest solution. It will avoid any surprises if the cached version is
rebuilt,and at the same time preserve testing the prefix operator.

Works for me.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: XversionUpgrade tests broken by postfix operator removal
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: speed up unicode normalization quick check