Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ISTM that would be up to the index AM.  We'd need some interlocks on
> which index AMs could be used with which table AMs in any case, I
> think.

I'm not sure why? It seems like we should be able to come up with
something that's generic enough.

> I think the hard part may really be in places like tidbitmap.c, which
> one would wish to be AM-independent, but right now it's quite
> specific
> to heap-style TIDs.  Maybe we can think of a way to parameterize it.

For my particular AM, being able to have a parameterized granularity
might be nice, but not required.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs