Re: Bind Parameter is Too Big

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bind Parameter is Too Big
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Kluzak, Matthew C." <mckluzak@nd.gov> writes:
> I recently updated two comment columns in two tables, both on the Sybase and Postgres sides, from varchar (255) to
varchar(1000).The app can succesfully input data with up to 1000 characters to the updated columns in Postgres. The
generatedSQL statement files can insert the data into the first Sybase database, the data successfully pipes to the
masterSybase database, and then successfully pipes that to the other Sybase database . However, when trying to pipe the
datafrom Sybase to Postgres I get the error "Bind Parameter for value :9 is Too Big (2000)." The comment column is the
9thcolumn.

There is no such string in the Postgres source code (it doesn't even
meet our message style guidelines).  So this is certainly not coming
from the Postgres server.  You didn't specify what's the software
stack on the client side, but it has to be coming from one or another
layer there.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Bind Parameter is Too Big
От: "Kluzak, Matthew C."
Сообщение: RE: Bind Parameter is Too Big