Re: Git conversion status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Re: Git conversion status
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> I tried to follow the instructions on the Wiki but they didn't work.

> Oops.  I left out a step.  Fixed.

While we're discussing possible errors on that page ... at the bottom of
the page under the "multiple workdirs" alternative are these recipes for
re-syncing your local checkouts:
git checkout REL9_0_STABLEgit pull
git checkout mastergit reset --hard origin/master

Are the git checkout steps really needed, considering each workdir would
normally be on its target branch all the time?  If so, what are they
accomplishing exactly?  I don't think I've entirely internalized what
that command does.

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: .gitignore files, take two