Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sep 17, 2023, at 12:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> After thinking about it for awhile, I think we need some more
> discursive explanation of what's allowed, perhaps along the lines
> of the attached.  (I still can't shake the feeling that this is
> duplicative; but I can't find anything comparable until you get
> into the weeds in Section V.)
>
> I put the new text at the end of section 11.1, but perhaps it
> belongs a little further up in that section; it seems more
> important than some of the preceding paras.

I think this is useful, but also that it’s worth calling out explicitly that functions do not count as indexable
operators.True by definition, of course, but I at least had assumed that since an operator is, in a sense, syntax sugar
fora function call, they are in some sense the same thing.

A header might be useful, something like “What Counts as an indexable expression”.

Best,

David

Вложения

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: Fix output of zero privileges in psql
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: to_regtype() Raises Error