Re: Import LDAP data to a Postgres database

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Import LDAP data to a Postgres database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
marcoecommerce@hotmail.it (Marco Curtolo) writes:
> Hi, my question is this: it is possible to query, using SQL, an LDAP
> server and put these data to a table of a Postgres database (under
> linux) ???

Unfortunately, the LDAP model is more or less a "network model," which
doesn't fit terribly elegantly onto SQL.

You can in fact use PostgreSQL as the backend for OpenLDAP; there's a
HOWTO on this:

  <http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ldap_pg/HOWTO/>

There are also ways of exporting SQL data via LDAP; see here:

  <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/378.html>
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxdatabases.info';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/sap.html

От: SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH
Сообщение: record-based log shipping
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: record-based log shipping