Re: Is template1 intended to have oid 1 ?

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Is template1 intended to have oid 1 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/09/21 18:40, Tom Lane wrote:
> template1 does have OID 1 in a fresh-from-initdb cluster, but it's
> just a database; you can drop it and recreate it if you choose.
> I believe that pg_upgrade does so.

I guess it wouldn't even have made me curious, if I hadn't noticed
the TemplateDbOid symbol being defined for it, which could end up being
wrong after a pg_upgrade.

I suppose if it is only ever referred to during bootstrap, no harm's done.

Ironically, it might be the most prominently advertised oid_symbol there is,
as that entry in pg_database.dat is what's used as the example of .dat-file
format in bki.sgml.

Regards,
-Chap

От: Osahon Oduware
Сообщение: Fwd: DOCS.zip - Request for access
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Non-reproducible valgrind failure on HEAD