Re: Deploy postgres - upgrade strategy

От Sean Z.
Тема Re: Deploy postgres - upgrade strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry I am not familiar with hyperic.  Do you mean I can use hyperic to do the job, or do you mean I can take the same approach as hyperic?

----- Original Message ----
From: Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>
To: Sean Z. <sean09182006@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:24:09 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Deploy postgres - upgrade strategy

On Dec 19, 2007 1:55 PM, Sean Z. <sean09182006@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, "bolted together" application is something I am thinking about.   It
> will satisfied my application's requirement and it won't affect existing
> applications.
>
> So is it possible to install my postgres server (say 8.2.4) regardless of
> whether there is a postgres server of any version existing on the same
> windows box?

Yes it is.  Take a look at hyperic, they do that.  Note that if you
are gonna include a version of postgresql with your application, you
should make it an option, as sometimes folks would rather use their
one big pgsql server for such things than having yet another odd copy
running around.  Hyperic makes it very easy to switch from using their
pgsql to your own.  They install their copy on port 9432 instead of
5432, and all you have to do it edit the jdbc connect line to point at
your own pg server and create a db and user to match hyperic's and
you're done.

От: "Sean Z."
Сообщение: Re: Deploy postgres - upgrade strategy
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Deploy postgres - upgrade strategy