Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Removing pg_migrator limitations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> I thought there was a suggestion that we would be able to specify the oids
> in the SQL that creates the types, along the lines of:
>
>   create type foo as enum ( ...) with oids ( ... );
>
> Is that a non-starter? I imagine it would need to require some special
> setting to be enabled to allow it.

This gets at a question that I've been wondering about.  There seems
to be something about OIDs that makes us want to not ever allow users
to specify them, or only when our back is absolutely against the wall.I have only the vaguest notions of what might be
dangerousabout
that, though.

...Robert

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: snapshot tarball generation broken for -HEAD
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Add hstore_to_json()