Re: Copy Schema

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Copy Schema
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Jul 28, 2006, at 14:09 , Derrick Betts wrote:

> Is there a way to create a "template" schema, similar to modifying
> the template1 to use for new database creation?

Certainly. Any database can be used as a template. template1 is used
by default. Check out the CREATE DATABASE docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-
createdatabase.html

> I read that there is a way to restore a schema with pg_restore
> command.  Is the best or only way to accomplish this?

Well, if you haven't loaded data into a database you want to use as a
template (or it only has data you want to include in the new
database), you can use CREATE DATABASE as well.

Hope this helps.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net