Re: Same query taking less time in low configuration machine

От Philip Semanchuk
Тема Re: Same query taking less time in low configuration machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Jul 14, 2020, at 5:27 AM, Vishwa Kalyankar <vishwakalyankar8@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have two machines - one with 8GB RAM & 4core CPU and the other with 64GB Ram & 24 core CPU.  Both machines have the
sameDB (Postgres 12 + Postgis 2.5.3).  Same query is taking less time in low end machine whereas more time in high end
machine. Any thoughts on where to look?  I have tuned the db in both machines according to
https://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/#/

> Below I am pasting the output of query explain in both the machines.
>
>  -bash-4.2$ psql -p 5434
> psql (12.3)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> postgres=# \c IPDS_KSEB;
> You are now connected to database "IPDS_KSEB" as user "postgres".
> IPDS_KSEB=# explain analyze select * from
kseb_geometry_trace_with_barrier_partition(5,'kottarakara_version',437,'htline',2);

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Function Scan on kseb_geometry_trace_with_barrier_partition  (cost=0.25..10.25 rows=1000 width=169) (actual
time=11626.548..11626.568rows=254 loops=1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Function Scan on kseb_geometry_trace_with_barrier_partition  (cost=0.25..10.25 rows=1000 width=169) (actual
time=22304.425..22304.448rows=254 loops=1)
>  Planning Time: 0.219 ms
>  Execution Time: 22352.219 ms
> (3 rows)

Hi Vishwa,
Is it possible that your data is in the cache on the low end machine but not on the high end machine? There’s both the
Postgrescache and the OS disk cache to consider. You can see what’s in the Postgres cache with an extension like
pg_buffercache.I don’t know of a way to see what’s in the OS cache; maybe others do.

Cheers
Philip

От: Shantanu Shekhar
Сообщение: JDBC driver version for a given Postgres version
От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver version for a given Postgres version