Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/25/18 01:56, Nico Williams wrote:

> Wrong.  With patents the important thing is not to know about them when
> you implement -- if you come up with the same idea by accident (which,
> of course, is obviously entirely possible) then you are not subject to
> trebble damages.

Even if the damages are not trebled, can 1✕ the damages be more than you
would like to shell out? Not to mention the hassle of getting any infringing
uses to cease?

Also, is this distinction universally applied across jurisdictions?

-Chap

От: jonasmehler46
Сообщение: Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancellingbackend