Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/20/21 7:05 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 5/20/21 4:36 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>>>

>>> pushed with a couple of fixes.
>>>
>> In my windows environment (Windows 10), I am not able to successfully
>> execute taptests and the failure indicates the line by this commit
>> (4c4eaf3d  Make PostgresNode version aware). I am trying to execute
>> tests with command: vcregress.bat taptest src/test/subscription
>>
>> I am seeing below in the log file:
>> Log file: D:/WorkSpace/postgresql/src/test/subscription/tmp_check/log/001_rep_changes_publisher.log
>> List form of pipe open not implemented at
>> D:/WorkSpace/postgresql/src/test/perl/PostgresNode.pm line 1251.
>> # Looks like your test exited with 255 before it could output anything.
>>
>> Can you please let me know if I need to do something additional here?
>>

> Your version of perl is apparently too old for this. Looks like that
> needs to be 5.22 or later: <https://perldoc.perl.org/perl5220delta>

However, we could probably rewrite this in a way that would work with
your older perl and at the same time not offend perlcritic, using qx{}
instead of an explicit open.

Will test.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions