Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13.05.24 17:26, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 05:17:42PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I don't know, I find these files kind of "yelling".  It's fine to have a
>> couple, but now it's getting a bit much, and there are more that could be
>> added.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Do you mean that the contents are too
> blunt?  That there are too many files?  Something else?

I mean the all-caps file names, cluttering up the top-level directory.

https://docs.github.com/en/communities/setting-up-your-project-for-healthy-contributions/creating-a-default-community-health-file

> This was the intent of my patch.  There might be a few others that we could
> use, but I figured we could start with the low-hanging fruit that would
> have the most impact on the GitHub experience.

My point is, in order to get that enhanced GitHub experience, you don't
actually have to commit these files into the individual source code
repository.  You can add them to the organization and they will apply to
all repositories under the organization.  This is explained at the above
link.

However, I don't think these files are actually that useful.  People can
go to the web site to find out about things about the PostgreSQL
community.  We don't need to add bunch of $X.md files that just say,
essentially, got to postgresql.org/$X.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: JIT compilation per plan node