Re: IDLE in transaction introspection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
Дата
Re: IDLE in transaction introspection  (Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> writes:
> While we're already breaking everything, we could remove the "waiting"
> column and use a state with value 'waiting' instead.

-1 ... I think it's useful to see the underlying state as well as the
waiting flag.  Also, this would represent breakage of part of the API
that doesn't need to be broken.

> Also, returning these as text seems a little lame. Should there be an
> enum type for that?

Perhaps, but we don't really use enum types in any other system views,
so inventing one here would be out of character.

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Show statistics target in \d+
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Show sequences owned by