Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?

От José Luis Tallón
Тема Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hmm.... consul (optionally in a dockerized setup) ?    https://www.consul.io/

>> so that operators can essentially 'set and forget'. We currently use
>> Mysql+ Galera (multi master) and Mongodb (self managing single master)
>> and the convenience and simplicity is just so important (Openstack is a
>> huge complex collection of services - hand holding of any one service is
>> pretty much a non starter).
> Yes, I was also asked whether PostgreSQL has any optional functionality like Galera Cluster for MySQL.  He was
planninga scalable PaaS service which performs heavy reads and writes.  Demand exists.

AFAIK, Galera has its own set of drawbacks....

HTH,
    / JL

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Greeting for coming back, and where is PostgreSQL going
От: Benedikt Grundmann
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item